Sunday, November 15, 2009

Movie Review: Precious: Based on the Novel 'Push' by Sapphire




Ok yall so my friend Shira aka E Lo, had an event this past week, where we all got together and went to see this movie... The one that everyone has been talking about because its "so good" well I have news for all of you... I thought it was horrible! This is my opinion take it or...click that "x" in a box at the top of your screen, here we go:

The film isn't easy to watch and will test your tolerance for despicable behavior as a long history of physical abuse and incest unfolds involving an illiterate, obese Harlem schoolgirl.

Report Card:

Mo'Nique: A
-She was phenomenal, we all are so use to seeing her as a comedian and cussing folk out all the time, she played the heck out of that role. You could tell that she has some kind of a sickness she did very good.

Gabourey "Gabby" Sidibe: D
-Sorry yal, I just wasnt buying it...her face gave me NO life... she offered us NO facial expressions at all. I felt like anybody could have played her fat butt. She was not Precious, she was Gabourey the whole movie, Frankie could have played her.

Mariah Carey Cannon: C
-This was a step up from Glitter...but it was still what is was...dreadful, Mariah gave me nothing, and just when I thought she was about to give me life, she gave me death with her face. Her and Beyonce have apparently been going to the same acting coach.

Lenny Kravitz: B
-He was pretty okay, I still dont understand the point of him even being there...the movie that is. I am sure the book draws some connection with his character, but if you cannot make that SAME comparison in the film...leave Lenny alone.

Sherri Shepard: B
-She was okay as well, she seemed like she wanted to be hood in this movie...instead of doing it. However at the end of the day I liked her.

Overall Grade: C+... the + for the effort

Okay, so this is the shade... you ever see a movie and feel like it was TOO many celebrities in it?? Well this was it... not only were they celebrities, they WERE NOT EVEN actors really...like Mariah??? Hoe sit down! The movie was too bad it reminded me of a sequel to Lean on me... like it belongs in a series called the "Hood Chronicles" I promise you I was waiting for Morgan Freeman to get on the loud speaker or for Samuel L. Jackson to start shooting people up.

This movie did nothing but show how good of an actress Mo'Nique is... I mean look at the last bad movie that had someone who had loads of talent take home Oscars.... Dreamgirls with J Hud. So thats my take on this whole movie... it did nothing but help Mo'Nique launch her acting carrier.

Boomkack!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are hilarous!!! I was wondering what you thought about this movie!!
With all of the celebrities, I figured it could only be really good or really bad!!Charelle M

Boomkack

You Boomkack, because your snatched... when some one tells you different you tell them there tacky... then you lean back, and keep it movin'