Saturday, December 12, 2009

Album Review: Alicia Keys- The Element of Freedom


First and foremost let me say that this album gives me life. You need it. At first I thought it sounded to much of the same and repetitive...a waste of my time right!

Well was i wrong lol. This album has a wonderful flow to it...track to track Alicia said "The way that the songs progress [on the album] are gonna take you on a natural high. I just want you to feel a sense of freedom, I want you to feel out-of-the-box, feel inspired, You're definitely going to be taken on a trip, I know you're going to be shocked, you're going to hear things that you probably didn't think that I would sound like. It's a journey"

I dont know if I like this whispering thing in her voice, I mean it sounds okay... she tried to pull that whispering stunt on that "As I Am" CD I mean I liked it, its just a little weird.

Shes at a different place in her life and you can hear it in her voice. I think its beautiful.

Check out some of the songs Keys posted on her facebook: http://www.facebook.com/aliciakeys?ref=ts#/aliciakeys?v=app_163113211567&ref=ts

Track List:
"Element of Freedom" (intro) – 0:13
"Love Is Blind" – 3:50
"Doesn't Mean Anything" – 4:33
"Try Sleeping with a Broken Heart" – 4:09
"Wait Til You See My Smile" – 4:00
"That's How Strong My Love Is" – 4:05
"Un-thinkable (I'm Ready)" featuring Drake – 4:09
"Love Is My Disease" – 4:02
"Like the Sea" – 4:13
"Put It in a Love Song" (featuring BeyoncĂ©) – 3:16
"This Bed" – 3:45
"Distance and Time" – 4:27
"How It Feels to Fly" – 4:43
"Empire State of Mind (Part II) Broken Down" – 3:36

No comments:

Boomkack

You Boomkack, because your snatched... when some one tells you different you tell them there tacky... then you lean back, and keep it movin'